We recently received a call from a customer whose beautiful Carrara Marble Bathroom Shower was starting to show signs of wear-and-tear. Upon visiting the customer’s home, it was determined that tile was showing water marks, the grout lines were stained and the caulking was starting to crack and fail. The steps our crew took to bring the shower back to its original beauty were:
- Deep clean the entire shower to remove mineral build-up
- Hone the marble tiles with honing powders to remove the superficial water marks and maintain the stone’s natural matte finish
- Provide a final cleaning to neutralize products used during restoration
- Remove and replace the perimeter caulking as well as the caulking on two of the shower walls
- Apply impregnating sealer to help guard against future damage
While the water marks and removal of the water marks are difficult to capture on camera, the before and after photos really tell a story about how deep cleaning the grout and repairing the caulk made the customer’s stone investment look like new again!
Before Photos of Carrara Marble Bathroom Shower Restoration:
After Photos of Carrara Marble Bathroom Shower Restoration:
For additional information on your marble, granite, travertine, terrazzo or other natural stone and grout, please visit our Case Studies or Care Tips page! If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a free estimate with one of our stone care experts, please contact us today!